Promote excellence, engaging every student, every day, through superior instruction, high expectations and academic content that is both challenging and individually relevant.
Our students will graduate prepared for life’s challenges as productive citizens who are happy, healthy and compassionate.
1. Powerful Teaching & Learning.
(1) Inspire self-evaluation and critical thinking skills in our students through instruction that is differentiated and individually relevant, supplemented by technology that is bold, intentional and seamless;
(2) Recruit and retain passionate teachers, providing ongoing training that is flexible and professionally focused;
(3) Integrate STEM, life-skills and arts instruction within an aligned curriculum that drives student engagement and accountability, meeting high expectations through demonstrated achievement; and
(4) Maintain an adaptive culture, incorporating best practices and fostering innovation in all areas.
2. District Climate.
(1) Ensure a safe, tolerant and welcoming climate that values mutual respect and multi-cultural acceptance;
(2) Recognize and celebrate success at all levels via communication that is proactive, positive, and sincere, using varied media; and
(3) Promote inclusive partnerships with families and our community that foster engagement and enhance student learning.
3. Early Learning.
(1) Advance school-readiness through collaborative partnerships with parents and pre-school providers which emphasize experiential learning, literacy and social/emotional development; and
(2) foster successful K-3 transitions through proactive assessment and early intervention strategies.
Stewardship. Engender trust by ensuring the responsive and optimal use of district resources, in a manner that is clear and transparent to stakeholders.